March 1, 2022 to March 31, 2022
Lynn Steger Strong
First Place – $500
Second Place – $200
Third Place – $100
Publication for Top Five
Flash fiction or prose poetry
1 submission per person
None. Submissions are free.
See full contest details below.
About Our Judge, Lynn Steger Strong:
Lynn Steger Strong is the author of the novels Hold Still, Want, and the forthcoming Flight. Her criticism and non-fiction has appeared in The New York Times, New York Magazine, the LATimes, Harper’s Bazaar, The Paris Review, and elsewhere. She teaches at Columbia University.
See below for full contest details:
- Contest submissions must be 750 words or less and can be flash fiction, prose poetry, or some unique combination of the two. Submissions must be the original work of the submitter and unpublished (and not slated for future publication).
- Make sure to select Contest as your genre in the dropdown in our submission form. We will only be considering entries through this genre.
- Limit one submission per writer per contest–multiple submissions will be disqualified.
- We accept simultaneous submissions, but please notify us immediately if accepted elsewhere.
- Make sure your name and other identifying information DOES NOT appear on the attached file. Any personal information or cover letter should be contained in the cover letter section.
- Current students at the University of San Francisco and those with a personal relationship to the judge are ineligible to submit.
- Previous contributors to Invisible City may submit. Writers may also submit to one non-contest genre during this reading period.
- Submissions open March 1, 2022, and close March 31, 2022 at midnight PST. Only submissions made through our submission manager will be considered. No email or snail mail submissions.
- Double-spaced, 12 point Times Roman submissions are always appreciated by our readers.